Automated Rig Technology
Engineered and built for your performance
Herrenknecht Vertical designs and builds automated hydraulic drilling rig and equipment solutions: field-proven and innovative technology that is specifically adapted to optimally meet the needs of any customer and any drilling project. The rigs are successfully employed onshore and offshore for wells down to 8,000 meters for oil and gas drilling, as well as geothermal energy projects.
The portfolio comprises different rig types for various applications with hook loads ranging from 150 metric tons (165 short tons) to 750 metric tons (825 short tons). It is completed by a comprehensive set of drilling components that ensures the best performance and greatest efficiency of the complete rig package. The components can also be used as stand-alone solutions for upgrading existing conventional rigs, enhancing safety and efficiency and conforming to latest operational requirements.
Herrenknecht Vertical’s project-specific hydraulic rigs and components are based on a comprehensive safety concept incorporating a high degree of automation. They eliminate dangerous work in hazardous areas by hands-off pipe handling and enhance process efficiency and reliability by PLC controlled procedures.
Our rigs’ features
- centralized hydraulic drive concept and comprehensive energy management system
- hydraulic cylinder or rack and pinion hoisting and rotary system that can apply push forces
- horizontal or vertical automated pipe racking systems for the appropriate level of automation in each project
- latest generation of driller’s cabin equipped with joysticks, touch screens and PLC rig control system with comprehensive anti-collision and interlock system
Our rigs’ advantages
- very sensitive and precise control of the drilling process, ensuring maximum hole safety, even in challenging conditions
- small footprint and minimized noise emissions for drilling in and near sensitive areas such as conservation and urban zones
- elimination of manual work in hazardous areas and exhausting physical, repetitive work
- safe, efficient and reliable pipe handling and drilling operations