Your performance is our top priority
Herrenknecht Vertical sees itself as the customer’s partner throughout the entire project. Customized engineering and manufacturing of automated rig solutions form the basis for every successful drilling project. A full range of dedicated services along the entire product lifecycle ensures a maximum performance of the technology used. Worldwide at any time.
Our service portfolio ranges from feasibility studies and customized engineering over dedicated project management during manufacturing and equipment testing, to customized training programs, and to start-up and operational support as well as rig upgrades.
Highly experienced professionals from the Herrenknecht Vertical team support our customers during the operation of our deep drilling rigs. Our service team comprises technical professionals from all relevant disciplines and includes mechanics, electricians and hydraulic and PLC specialists.
- assistance during start-up and commissioning on site
- maintenance and troubleshooting
- operational supervision and support
- spare parts management
- remote support of onsite crew for troubleshooting, operational support or maintenance
- web-based failure diagnosis from our headquarters to the rig
Herrenknecht Vertical instructs and trains the customer’s drilling crew on all levels and in every discipline. Specifically tailored training schedules may include:
- operational training for tasks like rig-up/down, maintenance and troubleshooting, drilling operations, or performance optimization (e.g. tripping training)
- theoretical training as a solid base, plus practical training to use theoretical knowledge
- in-house training at Herrenknecht Vertical’s inhouse test well
- onsite training during customer operations (“training on the job”)
For engineering and testing purposes, Herrenknecht Vertical has established comprehensive test facilities next to the manufacturing yard. These are used to test and commission rigs and equipment before going into the field, and to inspect equipment for wear and damage after operations. Our facilities include:
- 200m in-house test well for comprehensive rig commissioning and specific customer’s training in terms of rig utilization
- Top drive test facility for full load, full speed and full hook load tests with analysis opportunities such as frequency analyses to inspect top drive bearings
- Mud pump test setup to check the performance of maximum working pressure and motor capacity
RIG MODERNIZATION AND UPGRADES
We offer our expertise when it comes to upgrades of existing conventional rigs. This includes implementing automation equipment such as pipe handling modernization packages and integrating stand-alone components, e.g. top drives or power catwalks, to optimize the performance of your existing rigs.
Contact us to discuss your specific rig modernization or upgrade requirements.
ENGINEERING AND FEASIBILITY STUDIES
Early contractor-rig manufacturer cooperation makes a project significantly more successful. For this reason, Herrenknecht Vertical works closely with the customer already in the development of new business cases. We team up with established industry partners to work out safe, reliable and cost-efficient solutions based on broad experience and the latest technology.
Our services include:
- joint feasibility and FEED studies
- customized engineering and concept designs (for new designs and rig modernization or upgrade)
- R&D related to drilling and rig equipment (from basic research to technology development and prototyping)
Send us a message.